Membership of Suzuki Music in Victoria
Benefits of Membership
Why Join us?
- To be a part of the wider Suzuki community
- To have the opportunity to receive input from a variety of outstanding teachers via member workshops
- To meet other parents, teachers and students who are also committed to the Suzuki philosophy
- To regularly participate in concerts and other performance opportunities
- To receive that extra boost from e-newsletters and parent education programs
- To participate in Suzuki Graduation
- To be able to add a free 2-month listing to our instrument ‘buy, swap, sell’ page – an easy way to sell and buy second-hand instruments
Additional Benefits of Membership for Suzuki Teachers
- Eligiblity to present students for Graduation (subject to Accreditation and continuing Professional Development Requirements)
- Eligibility to participate in Suzuki Professional Development sessions throughout the year
- Listing in the Directory of Accredited Teachers (subject to terms and conditions)
New family memberships are open to families who have not been a member of Suzuki music at any time previously and who are learning from a current financial teacher member of Suzuki Music, who has commenced or completed training on that instrument.
Families who join for the first time part way through the year are eligible for part year memberships which will enable them to enrol for concerts and workshop events. To participate in Suzuki graduations, families must hold a full year membership.
Families are eligible for a Country Family membership if their residential address falls outside one of the 31 LGAs that make up metropolitan Melbourne.
Memberships fall due on 1 January each year and families are able to renew their membership prior to 1 March. From 1 March, a rejoining fee applies. Part year membership rates are not available to families who have been members of Suzuki Music at any time previously.
Teachers who wish to create a new teacher membership should contact Suzuki Music to apply, as Suzuki teacher training credentials, Working With Children Checks and Child Safe Standards agreements will be required.
Teacher memberships also fall due on 1 January each year and teachers are able to renew their membership prior to 1 March. From 1 March, a rejoining fee applies.
Friends of Suzuki Music
Past family or teacher members, and intersted community members, are invited to remain in touch with us through a special Friends of Suzuki Music membership. Friends of Suzuki members receive the e-newsletter Suzuki Notes as well as the knowledge that they are helping to support the work of the Suzuki Association in Victoria.
Please note that Friends of Suzuki members are not eligible for any other Suzuki Music membership benefits.
Please contact us to take out a Friends of Suzuki membership.